AboutFree StuffReviewsPR WelcomeContact

1.29.2010

Great Tool - Free - Wireless Amber Alerts



Warning:
This May be Scary to think about- But is worth the read!





How many children are reported missing each year?
The U.S. Department of Justice reports: 
  • 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.  
  • 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.  
  • 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.  
  • 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

On my way to work this morning I heard a commercial on the radio about WirelessAmberAlerts.org it's a great (& FREE - No text message charge) service where you can get local Amber Alerts for your area. I have never had my child abducted (Thank the Lord) and I can't imagine the heartbreak and fear that goes through a parents mind when you find your child is missing. The physical, mental, and emotional pain they suffer during this tragedy.

I went online and looked up this web address and immediatly signed up to recieve the free texts (All major carries have an agreement with this iniative to not charge their customers to receive texts click here to see if your carrier supports this program.) for Amber Alerts in my area. You can put up to 5 zip codes into your preferances. If a child goes missing in one of these zips they will send a  text to you with a description of the child and who the possible abductor is.

I pray that I never recieve one of these texts, but in the case that I do, I truly hope that I can help locate this child and possibly help save their life.

I hope that you, as many of you are parents, will sign up for this iniative. What if your child(ren) went missing? Wouldn't you want others to get the alert and help keep an eye open for your child? I know I would.

So go to WirelessAmberAlerts.org and sign up. Just Think. Something as simple as a text message could save a child's life. A child is calling for help right now, will you help locate them?



Ladies - If you feel compelled to blog about this iniative - please do! I really want to spread the word about this website - let's get those kids home, back to their families, in their own beds. Please let me know if you do a post about it - I'll make sure to come & Check it out.

Thank you for reading!


*I was not compensated in any way or contacted by the above mentioned website. This post has my own opinions and thoughts, I posted because I wanted too. Photo credits go to wirelessamberalerts.org*

0 Manic Comments:

Maniacs

Manic Memes I Love

Tuesday:
Thursday: Obviously MARvelous